Monday, May 30, 2011

Update! Especially for you Fath and Paula! :)

I´m typing on this really weird Spanish/Castellaño keyboard, so you will have to excuse me. :)

Since I last updated we have gone to the caves of Urdax, the winery/vineyard Otazu and San Sebastian.

This is me and Cortney during one of our breaks at school. We love breaks, because about 12 I start getting really sleepy. Lol

This is a group of us at the Bistro in front of the Catedral again. It´s a really fun place, especially because it´s on the corner and in a very busy place. 


This is one of the houses in one of the towns we stopped in on the way back from the Caves (Cuevas). The whole town was really quaint, and apparently really old. Also, we were on the border of France and Spain, which was really cool. 


This is the medusa in the cave. It was pretty cool. My camera didnt let me get a lot of pics, but I´ll steal some from others and post them! It was soooo cold in the cave. I loved it!
This is Elena, our tour guide and one of my teachers, and Alex, telling us about the town we were in. 

These are little kids who were playing in the fountain when we got there. They all had cups and were soaking each other. It was hilarious to watch. Also, the fountain water was really clean, mountain water, and we were encouraged to fill up our waterbottles there. Yum! 

I don´t know what is up with Spain and Spiders in the toilets, but this is the 3rd one I have found. They are stickers? Idk whats going on.

This is a pull chain toilet. All the toilets also flush differently here... its kinda like a game every time you use a public restroom. So far, none like the U.S. but unlike the Idiot Abroad, I have found toilet paper in every bathroom. :)


This is the vineyard/winery Otazu. It was so gorgeous. No, I did not get to stomp grapes like in the movie, A Walk in the Clouds, but I did ask. :( Maybe another day, somewhere else! 

This is me and Lupe at the beach at San Sebastian. Yes, I do already look like a lobster. It took me no time at all to get totally burned. Awesome. 


 This is Lupe and I at the winery. We went into the chapel which was really cool and as people were leaving we were thanking them for coming. It was funny when we were doing it, because the people from the other schools (alabama and auburn and clemson) didnt know that we were actually on the tour.



 Another shot of the river where the water was running into the fountain. Gorgeous! I loved the town. I love the narrow streets.

I hate the coffee here. Its tiny. lol and really strong. And they always give me sugar with it, even when I dont want it. But I hear there is a Starbucks in Madrid! :)

No comments: