Sunday, July 12, 2009

jumping off...

I love the rush of knowing that everything is about to change. Standing on the brink of the unknown... not knowing what to expect. And it won't be very long until I will be on another brink, God willing, after I finish school.

I'm just a jumble of emotions and feelings. It's almost like going to college for the first time, all over again. I'm leaving all that I currently know, my friends who became family, familiar surroundings, coworkers, etc. My high school friends have mostly faded into the past, but I gained a new circle of friends, who I am up and leaving to move to somewhere that has no one I know (save for my brother and sister).

I'm excited. I'm nervous. I'm a teeny bit scared. I'm sad. I'm happy.

And I get a second chance. A fresh start. Something I have been waiting for and hoping for, and praying for, but the fearful human in me wants to just take 2 steps back and weigh all my options once more, and think everything through... but another part of me wants to just throw caution to the wind and jump into this situation feet first with reckless abandon.

We'll see how it goes....

No comments: